No results show up after "dow" and "con" in hypertrm

Hi, all

I am a student in Beihang University in Beijing, P.R.China. I just started to learn to build a system uClinux on Microblaze. I m reading a document named uClinux_ready_Microblaze_design_1_05_a.

I met a problem. My target board is just ML401, using EDK 8.1 as told in the doc. I strictly followed the steps and everything seems going smoothly, until the last step of downloading kernel image to the target board. Still there are no errors both in the XMD command line and board. There is no uClinux bootup infos in hypertrm either. I wonder whether there is any error with the kernel image or there are any other errors.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Orlando Sun

Reply to
fouRmi

You'll get more useful help asking Xilinx (they have various support options), or perhaps on the comp.arch.fpga newsgroup.

I doubt if this is your problem, but you should drop HyperTerminal and download Tera Term Pro. You'll find it far better as a terminal emulator. (There are other free terminal emulators available, but TTPro is more than good enough in this case.)

Reply to
David Brown

Santa, I wish to have this toy on Christmas. Anyway, did you get anything out of the LCD? It would be easier to debug it via the LCD first.

Reply to
linnix

Thanks, David. I installed Tera Term Pro this morning. There are many optional settings and i really like it. I think I will keep using it from now on.

However, I got the same result after testing on Tera Term. There must be some mistakes i missed during the process, probably when the kernel image is being built in my opinion. How do you think about it? I m being struggling on this problem for days. Sigh... I will try more means to check it through. And i will browse Xilinx website to search for some infos. Thanks.

Regrads Orlando Sun

Reply to
fouRmi

Thanks linnix

There aren't any outputs on LCD. I define both STDIN and STDOUT on UART. But i think it is just an output device.

I will try your suggestion anyway. Thanks

Regards Orlando Sun

Reply to
fouRmi

Hi all

Excuse me for bothering. I think i made a tiny progress today. I got some infos from XMD debugger like below:

XMD% dow -data image.bin 0x24000000 XMD% state Connected targets state

Target ID State Target Type

0 Fast Download - Bootcode Running MicroBlaze MDM- based (hw) Target XMD% con 0x24000000 Processor started. Type "stop" to stop processor RUNNING>

XMD% ERROR:MDT - MicroBlaze Pipeline Stalled executing Instruction at >>

PC: 0x00000010 Try Resetting the Processor to Continue..

Anyhow, i got some errors infos. But i dunno why. Do anyone meet similar errors?

Thanks.

Regards Orlando Sun

Reply to
fouRmi