Newbie to Embedded Systems - where to start?

Hello Reader,

im a complete newbie to the embedded system's scene and would love to know where to get started.

im more specifically looking at the ARM embedded systems.

TIA, PrimeReflex

Reply to
PrimeReflex

It might be best to start with something simpler than the ARM, like the Atmel AVR or the Microchip PIC. If you want to jump in at the deep end, I'd start with the Philips LPC2000 ARM, it's quite easy to use. You'll find lots of info here:

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Here is something I wrote on the topic.

          Michael Kesti            |  "And like, one and one don't make
                                   |   two, one and one make one."
          mkesti@gv.net            |          - The Who, Bargain
Reply to
Michael R. Kesti

I too recently jumped into the embedded world. I have been in the desktop arena for many years now from DOS/Windows to various flavors of Unix and Linux. I am using a Motorola ColdFire 5282 and can only say that I love it. My company has used Motorola processors for years now on embedded products so it was the hand I was dealt but its a nice one.

Mark

PrimeReflex wrote:

Reply to
Mark Jones