Embedded Systems Postgrad in UK

I have a BEng(Hons) in Electronic and Computer Engineering and several years pic, avr and 68k hardware design and test firmware development experience. I want to bolster my formal education in the form of an MSc in the area of Embedded Systems at a UK University. I have found the following options, has anyone completed these courses? know which one has the best reputation? or recommend any other postgrad in the UK? Am also thinking about a PhD, but would rather do a taught MSc first.

MSc in Embedded System and Control - Leicester University MSc in Embedded Systems - Heriot Watt University MSc in Embedded Computer Systems Engineering - Northumbria University MSc in Embedded Systems Engineering - University of Huddersfield MSc in Embedded Systems - Greenwich University MSc in Embedded Systems Design - Glasgow Caledonian University

Thanks Alan

Reply to
alanfinnerty

Leicester and Heriot Watt are 'real' universities, having been around a long time. The others (I think) started life as polytechnics or colleges of higher education. Heriot Watt probably has the best reputation; one hears a lot more about their research, at any rate. Leicester has a very active space department, if that is of interest, and I used to know a couple of very good engineers who worked there on embedded systems.

Universities in the UK are rated on their research activities, it might be a good idea to get some idea of their relative ratings. I'm not sure where this information is available, though.

Leon

Reply to
Leon