jtag programmers

Hi, We're about to create a custom built board (based on pxa255) for our project at the school. I've been looking around for jtag programmers/ debuggers, and have seen that there is a really big difference in prices between jtag programmers(like abatron bdi2000 for 2500$ and amontec jtag key for 130$). While messing with the u-boot port, would a cheap programmer cause any pain?

Cheers, Yaman

Reply to
yamanc

Heck, you can build an unbuffered jtag cable for about $7 in parts...

Google for "unbuffered jtag cable" or search the openwrt user forums for more info.

And no, no problems - provided you keep the cable length short. Mine is about 6" long.

--Yan

Reply to
CptDondo