Need cPCI SBC reccomendation.

Hi;

Thanks for reading this.

I am looking for a cPCI controller that will run win2K or XP. It has to have an

operating temperature range of from -20C to 85C( this is a mandatory requirement).

Also Needs a V(io) of 3.3 volts and I would like to be able to use a FLASH drive due to the temp extremes.

Does anybody know of anyone who makes a product that might work for us?

Thanks in Advance;

C.W. Thomas

Reply to
CW Thomas

For flash drives, try these Compact Flash Adapters. It currently goes for $1 each.

Compact Flash Adapters

Reply to
linnix

We have had succes with SBCs from Men Mikro Systems. Their prices are very reasonable compared to some other SBC manufacturers.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Your temperature range will exclude many boards; you may want to focus on boards intended for rugged/military environment. I've never needed those specs myself, but you could perhaps find some companies at picmg.org to choose from. I hear SBS, Kontron, Force/Motorola and others have such boards. (Most rugged stuff is 3U, could be a limitation)

Nowadays I'd think most boards are +3.3V VI/O capable, so that wouldn't be much of an issue, unless you dig up some older stuff. If you are talking PMC VI/O, that can be a factory configurable option.

(When you use a flash drive, be careful of how often you write new data, they are rather limited in cycles compared to a hard disk, and any operating system must be kept from wearing out such a disk too soon.)

/Rolf

Reply to
Rolf Blom