Dallas DS89C450

Hi Experts, I am about to change my controller from Philips 87C591 to DS89C450 for speed, memory and flash. Anybody has experience with this chip and any difficulties in porting to this chip. Thanks in advance, Prem

Reply to
Prem

Dallas have done 80c51 cores for years, so overall they are stable. For any device specific issues look at the errata at

suggests the A2 step has 3 issues, whilst the A4 step is fine....

On a general porting basis, the 450 is, of course, faster

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

18 week lead times to the UK at the moment. Don't know what you can get where you are.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Thanks a lot for your info, I am in Canada and they say 10 weeks lead time. Prem

Reply to
Prem