Microntroller with USB *master* peripheral

Hi all,

I am in search for a microcontroller with a USB interface. Lots of them are available, but I would like to have a MASTER USB capability (my device will act as a hub). As I do not require USB 1.1 (only very small pieces of information to be exchanged) I want to select a, 8-bit device. Cheap of course.

Does anyone have a reference to such a controller in mind?

Thanks, Bruno.

Reply to
Bruno Richard

This device can be relatively easily interfaced with most controllers I think

Peter

Bruno Richard wrote:

Reply to
peter.cutting

It rather depends what else you want to do with the controller itself.

As Peter pointed out Vinculum make an embedded host chip. GHI Electronics make the USBWiz/AlFAT chips.

Cypress make a number of embedded USB hosts for example, the CY7C6300 with supporting source code and development software.

Maxim have the MAX3421 USB host/device that is accessed through an SPI interface (no software support available from Maxim yet). These are about $5 one-off though you can probably get free samples from Maxim.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson

True.

I suggest you to have USB host with its host stack provided. Example : AT43USB380, which has USB host stack, USB MSD driver, USB Printer driver, etc. These drivers will cost you a lot, if you have to build it yourself.

-kunil

Reply to
kunil

"Bruno Richard" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

The AT90USB1287 AVR with USB Host might work?

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

> Thanks,
> Bruno.

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

If you need MCU + USB Host, then the AT90USB1287 AVR might work

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson