MC9S08GT or GB standalone programming.

We have quite a few products which use the MC68HC705C8 micro from Freescale. We are deciding to move to the MC9S08 to keep the changes minor and to keep existing software working. It took less than a day to modify the HC05 tools to assemble correct S08 code.

The problem is the production programming. Right now we release "master eproms" that the techs can use to program the HC705. This is nice as it keeps computers off the line and cuts down on production mistakes. Only one prom is on the line at a time.

I have been googling all over the web looking for an equivalent system to connect to the BDM port MC9S08. It doesn't look like it would be too hard to design one, but we'd rather buy.

We can find plenty of tools from PE Micro and others-- most of which require connection to a computer to set up or use.

Our programming rate is pretty low, never more than about 100 per week.

Any one make something like this?

I not against changing the way we do our work, but small changes are better.

TIA,

Steven Swift Novatech Instruments, Inc.

--
Steven D. Swift, novatech@eskimo.com, http://www.novatech-instr.com
NOVATECH INSTRUMENTS, INC.      P.O. Box 55997

Hi,

The only way to program 9S08 is the BDM.

So, several solutions for you :

- One by one, with one BDM pod...

- More than one BDM pod in // on the same PC, on different USB port (you can open multi windows of HIWAVE.EXE),

- Build your own multi BDM tool.

Yvan

--

"Steven Swift" a écrit dans le message de news: drucm9$kf9$ snipped-for-privacy@eskinews.eskimo.com...