Stack analysis tool that really work?

arm gcc and Cortex-Mx MCUs embedded systems.

Is there a compilation-time (static) tool for stack analysis that really works?

The best I could find is -fstack-usage and avstack.pl Perl script, but I guess there's another and better way.

Reply to
pozz

If you can pay, there is

I haven't used it, but I have used other tools from AbsInt (WCET-analysis tools) which worked well, and (I believe) perform stack analysis internally, so I guess the simpler stack-analysis tool also works.

There is also

which I have used successfully. I used it for an Ada application, but it should also work for C and C++.

Unfortunately I don't know of any free tools for your target.

Reply to
Niklas Holsti