Need help locating a small cheap LCD

Hi all. I am a trying to design a portable device using a Renesas microcontroller and I need a small, cheap LCD display. Can anyone recommend any LCD or company that produces it? It can be character or dot-based. If character, then I need at least two lines. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Chris

Reply to
Chris

There are many many sources of character LCDs. Look for 'hd44780', which is the standard controller for such displays (clones are OK too).

I sell a such a 16x2 LCD, see

for an easier interface you might consider a (more expensive) LCD with a serial interface, like
or google for 'serial backpack' or 'LCD serial interface'.

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------

PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

Reply to
Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl

In the UK Rapid sell a 16x2 (by Powertip) for £6.50 in ones. But beware: the line displays take significantly more current (about 1-2mA) than segment LCDs, and for a portable thingy you'll have to have some means of turning the power on and off.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

I buy cheap 16x2 LCD's for £7 (GB Pounds) + VAT each (20+ price) from

This is the cheapest I have found and the quality is superb.

keyscoob

Is that cheap? I sell 16x2 for 7.50 *Euro* (no minimum quantity).

Wouter van Ooijen

PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

Reply to
Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl

Form what you quote you may have found yourself a new customer next time I need to break out my soldering iron :)

Reply to
keyscoob

What about 4x20 Blue LCD's. I get mine from Hungary atm for approx £26 (GB Pounds each) no minimum?

Reply to
keyscoob