JPEG encoding on Freescale imx25

Hi folks, I have recently started implementing some omnivsion camera sensors on the Freescale i.mx25 micro and I need to convert the RGB565 images to JPEG.

So, I have had a good look around for some JPEG encoders to do such a task and all i can find that seems to be of any use is libJPEG, which is huge and in no way optimised for micro-controller type platforms and to be honest a lot of it confuses me as it written for an OS based system, and uses file systems rather than good old RAM.

Has anyone implememnted a JPEG encoder for mcu that would be willing to share? Even a gentle nudge n the right direction would be great...

many thanks de Boogle

deBoogle

Ali

not answering your question but I assume you have looked at omnivision's jpg output cameras?

Reply to
Dennis