Freescale

Freescale had 20 employees on flight MH3770. I always advise my bosses to take seperate planes, but they never get it.

Martin Riddle

Forty years ago, there was a positive effort to have people take separate flights to conferences. That went away for the little people by '90 (execs and Sr. management were still to take separate transportation). I guess the way around this now is to just have everyone do their own reservations and hope they don't bunch up. OTOH, air travel has been remarkably safe, over the past couple of decades.

Reply to
krw

I'm betting it was those "peaceful" members of that unmentionable religion... the "ka boom" crowd >:-}

Me? I avoid flying whenever possible. I even have been known to _drive_ to "left-coast" customers. ...Jim Thompson

Quite possibly radical Uighurs, financed by the intelligence agency of a third country.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Why assume malice when incompetence will do, it was a Boeing after all. Can 't believe the Malaysians are asking rescue to go way east of a certain deb ris field find based on their hunch it was turning around. They don't have the angular resolution to make that any more than a hunch, maybe they picke d up the dying gasp of free flying transponder. The water there are deeper than deep, will take state-of-the are submersibles to find it. There may be a record on a meteorological radar or in satellite data somewhere.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson has not noticed that driving is about 60 times more dangerous than commericial air-travel in terms of deaths per kilometre traveled.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
Bill Sloman

The 777 had Rolls-Royce engines. They do have a history of uncontained failures.

Martin Riddle

"Martin Riddle"

** Apparently, all the Freescale staffers were of Malay or Chinese nationality.

No Texans ....

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The problem with that kind of analysis is they don't filter out the drunk drivers, drivers in f-ing tin cans, drivers in poorly maintained cars, drivers that are total assholes (land hoppers), etc.

Phoenix to LA is a bit much, but for Vegas to LA, you might as well drive. Depending on what you call LA, you are talking about 4 hours. If you add up the time to get to the airport, the cavity check, flight time, and time to rent a car, you aren't saving much time on a plane. Some airports on the left coast have noise issues, so you will find yourself unable to land at your airport of origin. That is, they make you land at an airport without noise restrictions then put you on a bus.

I was doing San Jose to John Wayne on a weekly commute at one point in my life, and John Wayne has really ridiculous noise abatement. The trouble is for tech work, John Wayne is the place.

Reply to
miso

WHen I lived in P'ok, my business driving range was from DC North. Anything closer than that, I could drive as fast as I could fly. In fact, I once went to DC for a class. My boss traveled the same day to DC for a meeting. It took both of us 6hrs, from front door to check-in. The Jersey Pike and Garden State aren't exactly AZ I10, either.

Reply to
krw

Back when it was still running, I used to like the Amtrak Metroliner for the northeast corridor. Nice big wide leather seats in business class,

120V for your computer, downtown to downtown in 4 hours, no hassles.

The Acela is a much more airline-ish experience. :(

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The new military track data released by Malaysian Air Defense looks an awful lot like a mid-air collision, and what they think was Flight 370 heading WSW was actually the surviving aircraft. The airliner crashed and burned in the jungle in Thailand.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

From the radar images they thought Aerolinee Itavia Flight 870 was shot down by a missile. Only to realize 30 years later that is was a bomb and what was on the radar was different parts of the plane

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:46:09 PM UTC-4, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wro te:

what was on the radar was different parts of the plane

This flight was confirmed to be at 35,000 ft when it stopped communicating, so a shoulder fired terrorist missile is out of the question. But somethin g like a Citation X operating off the radar and climbing way higher for fas t long haul cruising, like a drug running operation, would fit the bill.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

My current theory- the plane was taken by the 35-year-old Uighur passenger, and probably at least one other (maybe one of the flight crew was inclined to follow a fatwah).

At a hand-off between air traffic control countries over open water, the plane was diverted, they turned off the transponder and other communication equipment, shut off the oxygen to the cabin and climbed rapidly to 45,000 ft killing all the passengers from hypoxia before they had a chance to start anything and while they were out of range of cell phones. They then flew west and then north into Chinese airspace with the intention of crashing the plane into the Three Gorges dam, the Chongqing World Trade Center (center of a city of 30 million) or something like that.

They were duly picked up on Chinese military radar, fighters were scrambled to intercept and, after failing to obey, it was shot down somewhere over the Himalayas, moutainous Sichuan, the sparsely populated Tibetan plateau or the Gobi desert.

The Chinese bureaucracy is in the midst of trying to figure out how to stick handle the release of the information without handing the terrorists a 9/11 style victory.

Could be totally wrong, but it fits all the facts so far reasonably well. That would have them crossing the northern part of the arc here at some point rather than the southern part that seems to be favored by the pundits.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Hmmm, paranoid as it may seem but depending on the answer of your last question and on whether among the employees was some person with key knowledge... this could turn out to be a case of Bond-film like kidnapping after all. I can think of at least one leader who might have the means and would not hesitate to do it if he believed they could pull it off.

Dimiter

Dimiter_Popoff

On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 19:14:19 -0400, Martin Riddle Gave us:

Pretty sad. Could take Freescale down a notch or three.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Highly doubt it. They were Chinese and FEA employees.

Reply to
krw