Improved display in Google Groups

I found this browser extension to let you apply formatting codes to any page. It can be used to apply a monospaced font to Google Groups, which will help viewing tables and even ASCII art that people post.

I had always thought GG stripped excess white space, like tabs, multiple spaces, blank lines. But it seems that's not correct, they are all there, just not shown naturally. I changed my font to Liberation Mono and posted a test case, and all the spaces, tabs and new lines show up.

If you are interested, the extension is called Style and here is some sample code to use.

/* ==UserStyle== @name groups.google.com - 4/8/2023, 5:16:24 PM @namespace github.com/openstyles/stylus @version 1.0.0 @description A new userstyle @author Me ==/UserStyle== */

@-moz-document url-prefix("

") {

div[role=region] { font-family: Liberation Mono; display: block; max-width: 50em; white-space: pre-wrap; } div[role="region"] br { display: none; }

}

To use this with Chrome, I had to strip off the line

@-moz-document url-prefix("

") {

and the terminating }

I hope this works for you.