I-cache miss rate

Hi there,

I am trying to understand the performance of the MIPS 5K processor on my board. This processor has hardware counters available on the processor. When I calculate a Cache miss, then what is it that I have to use as reference - Instructions Fetched or Instructions Executed? When the processor is trying to fetch instructions then that would also result in Cache misses, so shouldn't we take Instructions Fetched as the reference for calculating a I-Cache miss rate. I apologize for a naive question. Could someone point me to some article or earlier performance measurements done, so that I understand this better.

Kris

Reply to
skris_b

Use Fetched. Otherwise your prog stopped !

- Henry

skris_b schrieb in Nachricht ...

Reply to
Henry