Microblaze Cache

Hi,

I'm trying to enable the instruction cache on the Microblaze to compare the speed of executing code from BRAM with SRAM plus cache.

I'm using the Insight XC2V1000 board with EDK 3.2. In a piece of test code which executes from SRAM, I enable the cache using microblaze_enable_icache() and disable using microblaze_disable_icache(). Any code between the enable and disable instructions does not get executed. I haven't checked that bit 26 of the MSR is set yet, but that's the next thing to verify.

Has anyone else had a similar problem ? Should I try setting the MSR bit in assembly ?

I use the default value for the tag address bits and the cache covers the whole of the available SRAM. Below is the section of the MHS file defining my Microblaze:

BEGIN microblaze PARAMETER INSTANCE = mblaze PARAMETER HW_VER = 2.00.a PARAMETER C_USE_ICACHE = 1 PARAMETER C_CACHE_BYTE_SIZE = 1024 PARAMETER C_ICACHE_BASEADDR = 0xffe00000 PARAMETER C_ICACHE_HIGHADDR = 0xffefffff BUS_INTERFACE DLMB = d_lmb BUS_INTERFACE ILMB = i_lmb BUS_INTERFACE DOPB = opb_bus BUS_INTERFACE IOPB = opb_bus END

Thanks,

Alastair.

Reply to
alastair