I asked this before about 8051 core chips

My friend, I am demanding nothing. I appreciate each and every HELPFUL reply. I don't appreciate folks with psychological problems and extremely weak egoes pontificating on minutae.

I top post because it makes sense. If you don't like it, either don't read it or somehow learn that the world does not revolve around your desires.

I didn't come here to cause trouble or to engage in pettifoggery.

Btw, I have gotten several emails saying that Larwe is not well-liked by a lot of folks. That statement may cause trouble but it seems that a lot of you in here need to grow up.

Now, run along.

Joe

Reply to
justme

David,

I think that there are plenty of folks here who have their head screwed on correctly that are willing to give some advice about

8051-cored chips, pcb layout s.w. and assemblers/compilers.

I have gotten some excellent advice from many. Only a select few such as yourself and two others, have wanted to start trouble.

That you seem to want to potentiate trouble and establish and take sides, reveals a juvenile mentallity that I really don't want to further engage.

Now, run along.

Joe

Reply to
justme

Have you ever heard of "social norms", or "fitting in with society"? The great majority of people in this newsgroup prefer to bottom-post or mix their answers and comments within the posts. It is not some sort of fad, or ego-boast for the group's oldies - it is what works best, and makes the most sense. I'm not going to mention it again here (unless you ask a direct question), but stick around in the group, read some other threads, and perhaps you will understand. Oh, and that is /helpful/ advice - it might not help you find an 8051 (a core I have had little use for), but it might help you get more advice from others in the group.

Lewin can certainly be curt in his replies, and rubs some people the wrong way. And I know his posts were not exactly a model of diplomacy. I just think it was inappropriate and disrespectful to reply to him in that manner. Remember there is a bit of asymmetry here - you are the newcomer, Lewin is the "old hand", you are the questioner looking for help, while Lewin and others are freely offering their time and expertise to help you.

Incidentally, you might want to consider his point more thoroughly. While there are many companies making 8051 chips, their heyday has long gone - ARM is the new 8051. Unless you have very good reason for specifying an 8051, such as investments in experience, tools, or code, then it is unlikely to be a good choice for a new design. If I were you, I would start a new thread with a description of your needs in a microcontroller, and listen to people's suggestions. It will re-kindle the usual "my microcontroller can beat up your microcontroller" wars, but you could easily find that the best architecture for your needs is something totally different. In other words, start with the question - don't start with an answer that you want justified.

Reply to
David Brown

You'll notice I've been quiet in this. This is principally because I don't really care about the issues, if any, now under discussion. If I wanted to win a popularity contest, I'd be off to have a sex change and apply to compete in the next Miss Transgendered America competitions. In fact the reason I'm replying to this right now is honestly that I'm bored, as I've just completed a major network reorganization in my office and am waiting for all my NAS devices to come back online.

To summarize for those who missed the first two seasons and didn't buy the DVD set: The initial question posed by OP was "recommend me an

8051 that is outside the design envelope that would cause an engineer skilled in his/her profession to choose an 8051 to begin with". linnix posted a humorous response to this ("the 8051 you want is called ARM" was the gist) which went entirely over the OP's head. OP continued to waste everybody's time with his questions, hence my comment that his/ her original problem was asking for a buggy whip qualified for jet fighter applications. The response to this clearly demonstrated that OP is not deserving, if you want to use that word, of any thoughtful technical responses, since he rejects anything that implies his initial neophyte assumptions might be non-insightful. Therefore the only remaining options are (a) ignore it, or (b) respond frivolously for a little puerile self-amusement.

The original issue was closed two or three messages into the thread ("Asked and answered, your honor") and further discussion is just a waste of time for everyone; AFAIAC it's all soap opera.

Having seen an awful lot of people with the same mental weaknesses as the OP, my experienced opinion is that he/she has 1-2 years minimum of callowness remaining before useful conversations can be held. We've seen it before here in this very NG (and for anyone who lived on Fidonet, BBS_USER was a hive of this sort of thing).

Reply to
larwe

Actually, the only one in this thread hell-bent on starting trouble so far was your anonymous self.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

Ah, but of course you are. You're demanding that our answers fit your prejudice, for starters.

And what made you think that the person in need of asking a question is qualified to have the final word on which answers are helpful?

Makes one wonder why you're so proudly engaging in that same behaviour yourself.

It doesn't.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

and I just notice another new 'large Code 51' addition, (8MB) this one from Nuvoton (Winbond). interesting mix of device - they've done C51's for years, and this (I think) is their first PC-IO device that has a 1T C51 core,

["Nuvoton proudly announces NCT6681D, the first product of new eSIO series IC. Nuvoton`s new eSIO series IC is a traditional legacy SIO with built-in uC or uP, to provide the best green control on MB / AIO systems. The =93e=94 of eSIO means the embedded controller based SIO ; it is also Nuvoton`s promise to provide the best green function and control for PC industry, and do the best contribution to the environment. "]

this runs the code from low cost, user sizable SPI,

["The firmware code is stored in an external SPI flash and could be updated via LPC interface or PS/2 interface with special tools provided by Nuvoton."] ["MCU runs on EXTERNAL serial program storage (NOR Flash with SPI interface) on the fly directly. Address space up to 8M bytes was supported"]

I'm guessing they use QuadSPI for the Execute in place. (now at

416MBd)

erialFlash/

-jg

Reply to