Any 8051/8032 gurus about?

I have spent some time trying to work out what an 8032 does on cold start i.e. are there cold/warm start vectors etc etc? The data sheets from Philips/Temic etc don't seem to indicate. Or do they simply start executing at 0000h?

(I've been asked to look into an 8032-based board that isn't playing as it should. Reset doesn't seem to get it starting up properly.)

Thanks for any guidance.

Reply to
6800 boy

"6800 boy" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

You'd use the Intel book :) I can post the relevant pages on ABSE. Otherwise you've to provide a valid e-mail address.

petrus bitbyter

BTW. My address is valid once you removed the obvious spamtrap.

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

In message , 6800 boy writes

Clint Sharp
Reply to
Clint Sharp

Tnx, try the digits for fourty-four via westnet dot com dot au

It may be obvious to those who handle Dutch better than me ;-(

Reply to
6800 boy

"6800 boy" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I should have realized. laatditweg=leavethisout, enditook=andthistoo

You can also try my hotmailaccount petrusdotbitbyter in which dot is a dot

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

So at initial power-on or after a RESET, 0->PC?

Reply to
6800 boy

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 14:49:31 +0800, 6800 boy put finger to keyboard and composed:

According to my 1985 Intel Microcontroller Handbook, the MCS-51 family has the following interrupt sources and service vectors:

Table 3. 8051 Interrupt Sources and Service Vectors

Interrupt Source Service Routine Start Address

---------------------------------------------------- (Reset) 0000H External 0 0003H Timer/Counter 0 000BH External 1 0013H Timer/Counter 1 001BH Serial Port 0023H

External 0/1 would correspond to pins INT0/1.

The 8032 appears to be identical to the 8031 except that it has twice as much RAM (256 bytes versus 128) and 3 timer/counters instead of 2.

The manual states that "each source has a particular program memory address associated with it (Table 3), starting at 0003H (as in the

8048) and continuing at 8-byte intervals".

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar