can't have 2 lines on my KS0070b display

Hi

can anyone help me ?

I'm using a Varitronix MDLS20265SS that is said based on KS0070B controller. I think that i implemented the sequence showed in the datasheet and i use it in 4-bit mode.

More specifically in initialization the command 0x28 is used,bit 3 meaning that it should work in 2 lines mode,but nothing...no way to make any character appearing on the second line

Other commands seems to be interpreted correctly(cursor blink,position ...)

Can i have some hint or help?

Thanks to you all ad have a Good Christmas.

Diego, Milan,Italy

blisca

Are you setting the address counter to 40 hex before sending the char?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

controller.

use

meaning

...)

ooopss....that was the error

once more i relied on my memory too confidentially,after years without using any intelligent LCD thanks Jim Stewart

Reply to
blisca