How do I programmatically send signals to USB?

Hello

How do I control voltages to pins of the USB programmatically? For example, I'd like to say send a signal to individual USB pins (if that's applicable in USB) how do I do that ?

Also what's the appropriate newsgroup for this question? Thanks .

Reply to
unisonharmonics

You don't.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

Here's a nice USB to serial device, ~ $30 from Mouser Electronics:

Called a VDrive by Vinculum or FDTI. I have a couple. They interface to ucontrollers nicely. Could also be used on a serial port of a PC (but why if your PC has a USB port?) But they work VERY nicely with uControllers.

Reply to
sdeyoreo

Individual pins of what USB? A PC USB port? An embedded system? What microcontroller?

Reply to
Adrian

You almost certainly can't using a standard USB port. However, if you are driving a USB connector from a microcontroller or something then you can control the pins however you like. It won't talk USB though.

Reply to
Tom Lucas