How can I display my mother tongue (Malayalam) in LCD display?

Hi, I am under taking a project to build an LCD module which supports my Mother tongue (Malayalam). The available LCD displays in market only supports English. I would like to know whether LCD displays with out controller are available in market? If yes, What interface it provides to integrate it with a general purpose micro controller?

Any help in this regards is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sreejith

Reply to
Sree:-)

Guy Macon
Reply to
Guy Macon

Reply to
David R Brooks

which

What you need is character set for Malyalam. Most likely you would have to make it yourself..but there are utilities which will help you design it. Also there are toolkits (embedded) which will help you create gui screens from these fonts.

Suresh M. Shenoy

Reply to
suresh shenoy

What is the problem? Everybody must speak English.

Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

This is another silly response, from someone with a very poor attitude. Especially in this newsgroup.

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

e which

Hi, While there is nothing wrong in speaking english,we cannot expect everyone to know it.There are people in this world who dont understand english.Some displays give ADVERTISEMENT content localised to the language flavor in that location.I believe when your target customer is some one who dont understand english,you will not give the same statement you said here.

Regards, s.subbarayan

Reply to
ssubbarayan

I had a quick look for Malayalam, and I can't see a character LCD being able to support it. It seems to be one of those scripts where the letters change depending on what comes next- so a T say will be different depending on whether a vowel (and which vowel) or a consonant follows it. The solution would have to be a dot graphic display with all the added complication that brings.

Reply to
Paul Burke