[HELP NEEDED] PowerPC and ICE BDM

Hi,

I'am working with a MPC855T PowerPC microprocessor and i try to debug my soft using ICE/BDM. My application raises a "Software Emulation" exception that is catched by emulator and i would like to know which software instruction raised this exception but SRR0 register is 0 (zero). This register should contain the last instruction before exception ? should it not ?

Is it possible to get others informations after an exception ? Information like "call stack frames" ?

thank you for your help Gil

Reply to
gilles-nw-Fr

I know this will likely not reach the original author but hopefully someone will see this and know something about it.. To the OP: did you ever find answers? To anyone/everyone who sees this: I have an avocent cyclades alterpath ACS

8 ((ATP0120-001) the processor is of course the venerable MPC855T and it ha s test points clearly labeled BDM but I haven't been able to find any infor mation as to connecting to this interface with the end goal being installat ion of a different linux kernel/distro or at least learning what I can in t he process. If anyone has any information please let me know. -- snipped-for-privacy@xenador-hermes.com
Reply to
River Saxton