HELP for Rabbit 3000 ,SMTP server implimentation

Hi, I am trying to implement a SMTP server on a Rabbit3000 module which is used to store emails for 2 different users. Somebody plz tell me how to go about it?

Reply to
ricky81

Could it be that you are trying to implement an SMTP client?

Implementing an SMTP server that deserves this description on a Rabbit

3000 is IMHO very difficult.

Anyways, a good start is to read RFC 821

IMHO the Rabbit libraries do not support DNS resolver code able to resolving MX records, something absolutely required in order to write an SMTP server.

If this is not just for the fun of it/education, consider using one of our embedded e-mail servers. (

)

HTH

Markus

Reply to
Markus Zingg

I think it was Mark Twain who said (approximately) "The first step in serving Rabbit is to catch your Rabbit".

CBFalconer

I don't know... Sounds more like Elmer Fudd to me.

Reply to
Jim Stewart