lightweight email server for embedded apps

Anyone know of a lightweight mail (SMTP) server that could be used in an embedded device?

What I am looking for is something that would allow an admin at a remote location to email his box with a set query, and receive a response, something similar to what mailman (? one of the listserv software) does...

The goal is to send an email to snipped-for-privacy@embedded.lan with a subject of "STATUS" and receive a status report.... Or perhaps with "START PROGRAM

5" and the machine would start program 5, whatefer that is....

I can implement the status report using PHP (the only scripting language I have available) but I am at a loss for the SMTP server....

--Yan

Reply to
Captain Dondo

You might want to take a look at:

It is very configurable to look like sendmail locally.

TonyB

/ __|\\// __|| \ __ __ / snipped-for-privacy@sysdev.org \__ \ \/\__ \||)|/ O_)\/ / \/ System Tools / Utilities |___/ || ___/|_ /\___|\_/ WIntel / Linux Device Drivers

Reply to
Joaco

I have used Kylix and its Indy internet components to build custom email tools similar to that. Indy has a free version and comes with source. I know Kylix used have a free version but I don't know if that is true now. Check in with Borland.

They have a drag and drop interface and you can built whatever tool you want in a matter of minutes.

Bill

Bill T