pc email client server

Can anyone tell me where I can find some information on how I go about
having an incoming RS232 command open my email server on my home machine and
send an email to another server?  Are there any good sites out there that
address this?

Thanks,
--
Steve Wenner

Re: pc email client server
and

Does 'open my email server on my home machine' really mean you want to start
up your email client program like outlook express ?  Are we talking about
windoze here ?  You don't need your local email program to send mail.  Any
program can send mail using the TCP/IP services already available on your
PC.   There are lots of books and web sites out there about how POP3 and
SMTP mail clients work.  The Quinn & Shute book called Windows Sockets
Network Programming is a good one about the TCP/IP basic on Windows.

Re: pc email client server

Errr... how about running getty on a serial port and using the "mail" command? :)

Site Timeline