pc email client server

Can anyone tell me where I can find some information on how I go about having an incoming RS232 command open my email server on my home machine and send an email to another server? Are there any good sites out there that address this?

Thanks,

--
Steve Wenner
Reply to

and

Does 'open my email server on my home machine' really mean you want to start up your email client program like outlook express ? Are we talking about windoze here ? You don't need your local email program to send mail. Any program can send mail using the TCP/IP services already available on your PC. There are lots of books and web sites out there about how POP3 and SMTP mail clients work. The Quinn & Shute book called Windows Sockets Network Programming is a good one about the TCP/IP basic on Windows.

Reply to
Earl

Errr... how about running getty on a serial port and using the "mail" command? :)

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards