Installing ARM crosstool chain

Hi friends, I am trying to install ARM crosstool chain on my 2.6.9-5.EL linux host.I have followed the stepd metioned below. 1.First I installed binutils 2.15 sucessfully 2. After that i setup the linux kernel headers $tar -zxvf linux-2.4.29.tar.gz $zcat patch-2.4.19-rmk7.tar.gz|patch -p1 $ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- menuconfig $ make dep and copied the headers into my prjtools directory . 3.I have chosen gcc-3.2.2 to install for this i selected glibc-2.3.5,glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.5. in order to install this i used the below command.

$ ../glibc-2.3.5/configure --host=arm-linux -- prefix="/usr" --enable-add-ons --with-headers=/home/thiru/driverdev/ tools/arm-linux/include/

Then i got the following error

"checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD! configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring. The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and /usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from Linux 2.0.10 or later. This check uses , so make sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel header files. To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the configure option --with-headers."

Please anybody let me know the mistake i did.

And if anybody knows the perfect combination of GNU packeges(binutils,gcc,glibc),please guide me in this.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
thiru.258