Good Gerber Viewer?

I have downloaded a couple of free Gerber Viewer and none seem to be ideal. GerbMagic has a few nice features, but it is not free (I guess I could spring for $130), but it is very crude in a lot of ways.

I have used GCPreview before (quite a while back) and it is still free, but it does not have an easy way to measure things and some other things are a little clunky. Maybe I have gotten used to the odd interface of Eagle... But it is nice in that it saves all the layers and drill info in one format.

Others that I have tried in the past were pretty poor and often were only demos. Are there any good, free gerber viewer programs I should know about?

Reply to
Ralph Malph

Try ViewMate -

Dave

Reply to
Dave Harper

I second that one. It works exceptionally well compared to several others I have tried. Never once have I received a board that wasn't exactly what was displayed in ViewMate. Highly Recommended!!

Regards, Aaron Hammett

Reply to
Aaron Hammett

How much does it cost? The free version does not allow saving anything. That means you have to load each layer every time you want to view the board.

GCPreview seems to be the best free package that I have found. Now that I have worked with it a bit, I have found ways to do what I need.

Thanks for the replies... :)

Reply to
Ralph Malph

If you're using Linux or OpenBSD try

the price is right, free under the GPL license.

-- Regards, Albert

916.780.7623

Albert Lee Mitchell

Ralph Malph schrieb:

Fully agreed.

-- Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh Autometer GmbH Siegen - Elektronik nach Maß.

================================================================== In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates ? (Sun Microsystems)

Reply to
Tilmann Reh