altium designer- gerber problems

I am using altium designer /version 6.6.7/ and I have few specific problems:

  1. I can make gerbers and read it from altium designer but I cannot import/read them from Protel 99 (and my plotter cannot plot them correct), when I import them I get some unusual layout, and truetype strings are moved (dislocated) from pcb,

now I am using following configuration (for making gerbers): Inches

2:3 Drill drawing plots isnt enabled using embedded apertures rs274x using software arcs, optimize change location commands, plotter type is vector, batch mode - separate file per layer, position on film - center on film, and suppress leading zeroes

and when I start gerber export process I have following configuration: rs-274x integer 2 decimal 3 units english type incremental zero suppression leading

so if anyone know how to export and read it correctly... any help would be much appreciated

Best Regards

SNIP

You can download a professional gerber viewer from here

That will show you exactly what your gerbers look like. Not surprised about transporting to older protel packages...

Reply to
TT_Man

I already have free version of Viewmate /I see all polyons ,but true type strinsg are (dislocated) from pcb/ , and still main problem is that, I cannot plot correctly on my plotter

anyway thanks for your suggestion

Reply to
Zemaljko

E or Zemaljko, Your plot problem is likely related more directly to the plotter/drivers. You could try using a different Gerber viewer and plotting form there just to make sure it is not an Altium problem.

The importing of the Gerbers back to P99SE is related to the fact that Protel has only ever supported re-importing Gerbers generated from their own software using specific subsets and coding of the full Gerber standard. More recent versions of DXP/AD utilize functions that were not supported in P99SE Gerber generation, therefore it is 'usually' likely that the AD/DXP gerbers will not import directly back into P99SE.

There are so many variations and subsets of Gerber coding that will not import to Protel/Altium products. The best solution is to get a third party Gerber viewer and use it for plotting/verification of Gerbers. You can download free copies of GC-Prevue or Lavenir's Gerber viewers. There are a couple of others available also if you search the net.

-- S>

Reply to
Brad Velander

[Snipped]

Why would you want to do that ? You can export your PCB to a version that Protel 99 can read. You can then generate the gerber files in Protel 99.

Regards Anton

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

because p99 doesnt support some features of altium designers like solid plane ..... and many others

Reply to
Zemaljko