looking for a free Gerber DRC software

Hi,

I am looking for a free software to perform some basic DRC on the RS-274-X files: the spacing between the contiguous areas etc.

(This would not be a huge programming excercise, and I am sure somebody has already done it..)

Thanks for any help.

-- Andy

Reply to
A.Iakovlev

There's a Gerber viewer with the Kicad free PCB suite. I don't know if it can measure, but it's open source so perhaps you could add it...

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

See my notes and links to some 60 ECAD programs at

Apart from Kicad that Paul mentioned, several have Gerber viewer facilities.

Terry Pinnell Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Try GC-Prevue from

It is a freebee Gerber viewer and measurer. I use it all the time for checking gerber output after a board layout. RS-274X too.

boB

Reply to
boB

Thanks to everyone for the pointers / suggestions.

The Gerber viewers that I've tried did not have the DRC on Gerber function.

I've found CAM350 which performed fine.

- Andy

Reply to
A.Iakovlev