FTDI4232H & DAC problem

Earlier I was able to interface with a ADC (ADS7871) using the SPI interface provided by FTDI. It was really a struggle but that it is working quite good now.

Now I am trying to interface with a DAC which is AD5420AREZ from Analog Devices (

). The pin assignments are as follows:

ADBUS0 -> SK = Serial Clock - Connect to AD5420's SCLK (Pin-8). ADBUS1 -> DO = Serial Data Output (MOSI on slave device) - Connect to AD5420's SDIN (Pin-9).

ADBUS2 ->DI = Serial Data Input (MISO on slave device) - Connect to AD5420's SDO (Pin-10).

ADBUS3 -> CS = Chip Select for slave device - Not used on AD5420 so not connected

ADBUS4 -> GPIO-1 - AD5420's /FAULT (Pin-3). ADBUS5 -> GPIO-2 - AD5420's CLEAR (Pin-6). ADBUS6 -> GPIO-3 - AD5420's LATCH (Pin-7). ADBUS7 -> GPIO-4 - Not used.

These assignments should be working fine but please let me know if you see something wrong.

My biggest problem is I do not know how to control GPIOL pins and there are no GPIOH pins for FTDI4232H. I have no idea how I can SET the LATCH/CLEAR signal or how I can read the /FAULT signal.

The following is what I based my code on for reading from ADC.

Thanks

averwind