FSK/ASK on PLCC?

Hello,

I posted this on another usenet grp but didnt get any response so far... so posting it here.

I have been doing some search on powerline related materials.

A member of a different group suggested me to look into Home Automation Modems. I found there are 2 types available, one working on ASK and the other on FSK. I also found some reviews from members suggesting amplitude modulated stuff on powerline is kind of unreliable.

Is it true that the FSK based system is definitely more reliable than the ASK based one?

Also I am able to get FSK based home automation modems/boards from STMicroelectronics alone. Are there any others who supply these?

I am thinking of working on an evlauation board first and then delve into depths later. Thats why the question about the boards as well..

Thanks.

PS: I am still a newbie to PLCC.

Reply to
mvr