Building Gradually Expertise on VHDL/Verilog Design

Hi, i have been reading the VHDL language over the last week and now i want to put what i have learned so far into practice but don't know really from where to start. As such, i am just wondering if there is any lab book or a web based tutorials that help a newbie like me to gradually get a grip on vhdl design techniques on FPGA. I am seeking any series of recommended labs to proceed through (one after one)

Many thanks

Reply to
DGerimi

I would suggest downloading the modelsim xilinx starter edition (XSE) from the xilinx website. Then you can try things and simulate them and see the result. You could also download the xilinx webpack tools so you can synthesize your designs to see how big/fast they are. I think there are tutorials/examples that come with webpack but I could be wrong.

Reply to
Jeff Cunningham

Many schools offer courses that cover HDL based hardware design. Many of these courses make the material, including the labs, public. Off the top of my head, check MIT open courseware.

---Matthew Hicks

Reply to
Matthew Hicks

Hi, You can read my blog: