Flash media playing embedded pc?

Hi, I'm new to embedded pcs but I've been pointed in this direction for what I would like to achieve..

I'm looking to mount a small pc that can maybe xpe and some moderately heavy flash (swf) for a mobile display. Basically it would be ideal to mount the machine via VESA mount..

I've seen the ebox 4xxx series but I'm not sure this unit will have enough juice to run my flash...

Any advice or help would so much appreciated.

Cheers

-Peter

Reply to
flashstar

That processor is borderline... Depends on the screen resolution you intend to use. Having had a similar issue to solve recently, I'd suggest using one of the Intel Atom motherboards and build your own system around that. It might be most efficient if you just buy an Atom-based netbook and hack it.

Reply to
larwe

I've run FlashLite/DirectFB/Linux on a Freescale iMX31 PDK board with an 800x480 touch-screen. When the GUI boys tried to do fancy fades, things got very sluggish. Otherwise, it seems to be fairly acceptable. However, IMHO Action Script seems like a bad choice for an embedded programming language. YMMV

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
  and we never even know we have the key."
"Already Gone" by Jack Tempchin (recorded by The Eagles)

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1
Reply to
Michael N. Moran