Ethernet chip recommendations ...

I've decided to use the ECOS OS, I've got the book on ECOS and now I
need todecide what to use as the network interface. I've done some
search but seem to come up with a lot of PCI ethernet chip
combinations.  Can anyone recommend a 10/100 ethernet chip that I
don't need to have PCI support for?

Thanks

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry         snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)

Easiest is to use something with built in  Ethernet like the AT91RM9200,
but you could  use  Davicom instead www.davicom.com.tx

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com

I tried the URL and it failed, though the second chip sounds
interesting.  But it sounds like major overkit for our HA controller.
We already have a FPGA which makes life interesting. :-)

Thanks

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry         snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)
Re: Ethernet chip recommendations ...
its www.davicom.com.tw - in Taiwan, not Texas ;-)

also have a look at the wiznet chip :
http://www.iinchip.com/e_iinchip/index_e.htm

SMC, also make some products that might interest you

Re: Ethernet chip recommendations ...
Let's take a look to smsc site (www.smsc.com). They have some ethernet
interfaces specifically designed for embedded systems that don't need
PCI or something else interface

Best Regards

/Alessandro

Re: Ethernet chip recommendations ...
[.....]
AX88796 -> www.asix.com.tw
LAN91C111 -> www.smsc.com

IMO it is hard to find chips of such type. I know these two mentioned above
but I would like to learn about other non-PCI 100Mb controllers.

Regards,
/J.D.
--
Jan Dubiec, snipped-for-privacy@slackware.pl, mobile: +48 602 101787

Głęboka wiara wymaga płytkiego rozumu i nikłej wiedzy.

Re: Ethernet chip recommendations ...

Another vote for the SMSC chips:

 - LAN91C96 for 10 Mbit/s
 - LAN91C111 for 10/100 Mbit/s

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio @ iki fi

Re: Ethernet chip recommendations ...
If you only need 10Mb, you can try the Cirrus Logic CS8900A
http://www.cirrus.com/en/products/pro/detail/P46.html
If you need 100Mb, I vote for the SMSC LAN91C111.