SoC (system on chip) selection

Hello all, For an upcoming project I'm working on assembling a long list with system on chip devices which may suit the project.

I've already came across the Alchemy devices (formerly AMD now RMI), Freescale and the Blackfin from AD. But I'm quite sure there are other alternatives around....

Rough specs:

- 500MHz or more

- DDR memory interface

- LCD panel controller

- USB host

- SD card interface

- AC97 interface

- 2 UARTS

- Capable of running Linux preferably with MMU

- On chip ethernet MAC (or an easy way to connect an external ethernet controller)

- A camera interface would be nice

- Supported by GCC

price: cheap. Say aroud $10 in larger quantities.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Nico Coesel snipped-for-privacy@puntnl.niks posted to sci.electronics.design:

Offhand and _NOT_ being an expert, i would suggest a 2 chip solution. Chip one a CP including MMU and the fast interfaces (including ddr/ddr2 memory, p/o 100/1000 Ethernet (exclude the MAC) and PCI. Separate LCD controller from integrated standard XGA. Second chip AC97, UARTS, Firewire, Fast USB, and fast SD, PCI interface to fast chip.

Reply to
JosephKK

That is very much like the AMD Geode architecture (VIA also offers these kind of solutions) but these are not very low cost. More likely to be around $25 to $30 and very power hungry.