Embedded webserver with post method parsing

Hi

The subject of an embedded webserver is often spoken. but i would appreciate Your input on this. I am looking for a real small webserver,

main requirement is that must be able to parse http-post request, and forward the post data to a CGI program,

second a nice to have is if it includes some form of authorisation (no encryption) for creating a login-only part, so that avoid doing this inside the cgi-program

And as small a footprint as possible, security is not high priority (mainly intranet), but stability is.

If any OS probably freeRTOS will run beneath it.

--
Med venlig hilsen/mojn/regards
Martin Hansen

de

ly

You may want to check this:

P.S. This started as an IOCCC winner.

Reply to
vladitx

The FreeRTOS download does actually contains some examples of a WEB server with basic CGI and POST capabilities. These are tiny code size wise. Something less basic would require more code.

For example, this demo:

displays dynamic content on every page, and allows and LED to be turned on and off from the served pages.

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org/Documentation/FreeRTOS-documentation-and-book.html
New FreeRTOS eBook.  Learn how to use an RTOS.
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

I can only find support for the GET method

I have taken a closer look, this app only uses the GET method, and studying the httpd.c i only see get support in handle_input() is only looks at the first line and if not a singe / it sends this first line to vApplicationProcessFormInput() that is app specific That means the post data is not handled.

Or do I miss something?

--
Med venlig hilsen/mojn/regards
Martin Hansen
Center for Software Innovation
Alsion 2, DK-6400 Sønderborg, Web: www.cfsi.dk
Reply to
mah_list1

Looking at the feature list it seems to only run on bigger OS like unix or windows

--
Med venlig hilsen/mojn/regards
Martin Hansen
Center for Software Innovation
Alsion 2, DK-6400 Sønderborg, Web: www.cfsi.dk
Reply to
mah_list1

I think the goAhead web server meets all your requirements, but it's abandonware. You've got to scrape together patches and fixes from various sites:

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I wonder if I could
                                  at               ever get started in the
                               visi.com            credit world?
Reply to
Grant Edwards

looking for a real small webserver,

Hi,

All your requirements are met by this module with StackTos:

the interface with 'CGI' modules is the same as ISAPI -dll interface. The CGI's are infact a sort of ISAPI dll which can be loaded with FTP into the system directory. The footprint of the OS with FTP, Telnet, HTTP is about 100K. (with integrated ISAPI dll debugger).

You may try the POST on this small server at

or the telnet at

Gerard