DT006/Atmel ATS2313-10 Assembly

Firstly, Hello to All. This is my first post on this newsgroup.

I bought a DT006 "Bare board"

with Atmel ATS2313-10 & a 10Mhz resonator from Dontronics.com for a fun home project. I guess I mistook the bare board somehow for a assembled board with all components.

Now, that my order has arrived.. I want to assemble all the components myself on the bare PCB.

I have never soldered any components on PCB.. ever.

1) I am need help ....to any good resources for this. Note: I have been Googling this but I can really find a good read for dummies. 2) what tools (e.g., solder gun etc) should I buy and any consideration I should make during this activity.

Thanks!!

*Jayabharath*
Reply to
Jayabharath G

Jayabharath G wrote in news:BZjNc.21078$Ee6.464 @newssvr24.news.prodigy.com:

Exchange your kit for a fully assembled one !

Sam

Reply to
Sam Storm van Leeuwen

With care a cheap soldering iron like one of the Antex range could be used for this sort of thing. You ought to practice assembling something simpler first, like one of the Velleman kits. They probably come with instructions for beginners.

Leon

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

I'd second this. With the board as small as it is, you'll surely screw it up on your first try (as I once did).

I suggest you practice soldering some circuits first.

What you will need is :

1) A pencil tip soldering iron (20 to 30Watts max) 2) Solder wire 3) A damp cloth to clean the tip

and maybe a disposable nose & mouth mask along with goggles so you don't inhale the lead fumes. Be careful not to touch the iron, it is hot as hell!

Reply to
zalzon

Dude Man