DSLR Image Sensors

Hi everyone,

the great DSLR camera manufacturers like CANON or Sony equip their camera now with CMOS sensors. I could find out, that they develop their sensors on their own.

Does anybody know do they also sell their sensors for custom designs?

Thanks in advance,

Wolfgang Kopp

Reply to
woko

In message , woko writes

Ask them....

Also, you will find there are many other sensors available from many other companies for all sorts of applications. They may be a LOT easier to get your hands on and a lot more suitable for your application.

.
/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
Chris H

Kodak sells similar sensors as a component. They even have sensors which are even more advanced than is currently used in DSLRs. These sensors are quite pricy though.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

You can contact them directly. Most of the camera companies have industrial parts.

There are also some other companies that make very good imaging sensors that are available. Kodak and Dalsa are two companies that come to mind

Dalsa made the sensors on the Mars's rovers and make a lot of different sensors.

Regards

-- Walter Banks Byte Craft Limited Tel. (519) 888-6911

snipped-for-privacy@bytecraft.com

woko wrote:

Reply to
Walter Banks

ST also make CMOS sensors, typenr. starts usually with VV. I have seen them mostly in low end products.

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton

Thanks for your answers. We already designed cameras with kodak and micron sensors. We are just interested in the differences of commercial and DSRL sensors. Dalsa does not sell its cmos megapixel sensor at the moment, as far as I know.

Regards, Wolfgang

Reply to
woko