doubts on NAND flash technology

Hi all, i have few doubts on NAND flash technology:

  1. why do NAND flashes have bad blocks, while NOR dont.(is it true?)
  2. what is meant by 'journalling file system'( regarding teh file system usage)?

i am new to file systems and OS concepts. so i do have some doubts on them too.

  1. where does the 'file system' sit? for eg., if we are using a flash memory card for a PC, will it sit on flash or/and on hard-disk?
  2. on what basis should we choose a file system for flash?

Thanks Kaushik

Reply to
coolblue