File system requirements for SD and MMC cards?

Hi all,

I would like to use SD and MMC cards on an ARM evaluation board with AMX os. What are the requirements that a file system should have to support these devices? for eg:ECC calculation, Multivolume., etc. are these any special features which they have to support?(for eg., to support a NAND flash, the file system should support Bad block management).

Thank you Kaushik

Reply to
Kaushik

Absolutely not true, you are mixing up physical format and logical format issues.

There is no intrinsic reason why a NAND filesystem needs to support bad blocks. The physical layer driver could map them out if it wants to.

Reply to
larwe

nope, but writing only once in a while would be nice

--
I really have no idea what this means. And since I can't install linux on
it, I'm gonna go back to surfing pr0n.