toggling on/off a NAND Flash

Hi everyone,

we have a NAND Flash that stores a configuration which needs to be read in chunks on a regular basis. In order to 'protect' the device against radiation effects (bit flips, SEFI, SEL, ...) we would like to repeatedly power on/off the device, keeping it on just the right time we need to access the data.

Considering that the cycle is ~15 seconds and it'll take few milliseconds to get the stuff out, would you think that toggling on/off at such rates would have an impact on the expected lifetime of the component?

I know that capacitors will need to handle some surge at power on, as well as the power supply, but except these effects, is there anything specific to the device that can suffer from this usage?

Any comment/suggestion/pointer is appreciated.

Al

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?