Flash file systems

Hi all, i am using NAND and NOR flashes along with RAM on my target board, which has ARM core. i want to make a survey as to which File system should i use to support my NAND, NOR flashes. i have seen some file systems like IntelFDI, HCC-embedded file systems, JFFS etc. can anyone help me to make a list on what criteria should i choose file system. for eg., one criteria can be the porting time, another could be the APIs supported etc. I want to make an extensive search on this. Hope i get some good inputs. thank you kaushik

Reply to
coolblue

Hi all,

please give me some information reagarding the above querry. also i would like to know it there are any flash file systems available freely on net.

thank you kaushik

Reply to
coolblue

try JFFS and YAFFS. Rajesh

Reply to
rajesh

good discussion. i am interested too. but sorry dudes, i dont have much idea. lets wait for the geeks. as far as i know YAFFS is a free FFS. im not sure of JFFS.

sammy!

Reply to
sam kwashi

good discussion. i am interested too. but sorry dudes, i dont have much idea. lets wait for the geeks. as far as i know YAFFS is a free FFS. im not sure of JFFS2. does any one know the link for source code for JFFS2?

sammy!

Reply to
sam kwashi

jffs2 has been included with the linux kernel for ages, and is also available for eCos. I haven't used either, but I think yaffs is better for NAND flash and smaller ram, while jffs2 has compression and works best with NOR flash.

Reply to
David Brown