Does Atmel licensed AVR to others? - Page 2

Re: Does Atmel licensed AVR to others?
That's the point why I don't use them. The FPGA software is very costly for
it !
But maybe FPSLIC is for specific problems the answer...
- Henry

I'm

Re: Does Atmel licensed AVR to others?
I would love to use it on my board.  I has 5 volt tolerance and combines
in one package an MCU and FPGA.  But I have little confidence in Atmel
and FPGAs.  I used their earlier FPGAs about 10 years ago and they have
not advanced much since.

Not to mention the cost of the software...

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com
Re: Does Atmel licensed AVR to others?
Hm. Try it out. Maybe it's better than I think (not used it). I see no other
choice left out?? If you pay it I'm willing to implement it for you. I have
a lot of experience doing FPGA implementation for exotic things like an old
IBM "rocket" bus (The bus before SCSI standardization) linking it to the PLX
IOP480 PowerPC, and others. If interested contact me on private email...
Regards -
Henry

for
and
manufacturers?
source,
market

Re: Does Atmel licensed AVR to others?

 Just how "burned in and heated up" ?
I'd raise this with Atmel - they quote 16MHz in the data sheets.

 Thus you need to see if your test conditions are inside their spec
corner, and then see what they say.
 Could be a known issue, and wouldn't be the first time MHz has not
quite hit the spec.

-jg

Re: Does Atmel licensed AVR to others?
thanks.
Yes, we are working with Atmel on this.   I've tried and tried to find
why it might be my implementation, (16MHz xtal, CKOPT, < 70C, 4 layer
board etc.) but it is kind of pointing to a chip prloblem.  clock and
signals look great.  Slowing the clock or xtal to lower frequency
fixes the majority of the errors.
boB

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:17:06 +1300, Jim Granville

Re: Does Atmel licensed AVR to others?

Does sound like a margin issue.
You can also nudge Vcc for a 'second opinion', as the speed
corner limit is Temp/Freq/Vcc related.

only the majority ?

-jg

Re: Does Atmel licensed AVR to others?