Atmel Zigbee?

Hi,

I'm a student working on an embedded systems undergraduate design project. In our project, we want to use an Atmel chip with some other Zigbee module that will allow us to transfer information using Zigbee wireless communication. We have found several choices, such as Maxstream's XBee Zigbee module, but we would prefer to use one that is from Atmel or is compatible with Atmel.

We found that Atmel has the AT86RF230 on their site

but when we tried to actually buy the chips, it didn't seem like there were any distributors for it.

Does anyone know if the Atmel Zigbee chips are already out, and if so, where we can buy them?

Thanks in advance, Dave

Reply to
soloyolk

Yes, they are out. Tell your distributor to contact Atmel to get the information.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

All the Zigbee devices out there are now obselete. Last week Zigbee alliance proposed a new standard that is not backward compatiable!

Reply to
dunkin