cpld programming

hi embedded gurus i m working on a project which needs cpld programming,i want to interface cpld with avr microcontroller

Reply to
kuldeep singh

Sounds interesting.

"kuldeep singh" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Maybe you should look at the FPSLIC which contains an AVR and an FPGA?

--
Best Regards
Ulf at atmel dot com

On 19 Jan 2005 00:31:15 -0800, "kuldeep singh" wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

We're doing a system where not only the firmware, but also the CPLDs, have to be reprogrammable in system on site.

We have three different board types, one based on Atmel's AT91RM9200 part, and two based on TI's TMS320F2912. All the boards have a Lattice CPLD on them.

We built a circuit with tri-state buffers so that the JTAG pins of the CPLD normally connect to a JTAG header for initial programming in manufacture, but the ARM or DSP firmware, under program control, can control the enables of the tri-state buffers so that the CPLD JTAG pins are connected to the SPI port and one I/O pin of the controller or DSP.

Of course, your main processor or DSP has to be able to operate in a mode where it can receive a new CPLD image over some interface and erase and reprogram it without needing any of the functionality that is implemented in the programmed CPLD.

Once you get the programming code debugged, it works quite well.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Reply to