Interfacing And Programming

Hi, I need to interface 89C51 microcontroller with a LAN controller (Ethernet), How do I do this ? I also want some help in programming using Embedded C language which many of you must be very expert in doing this. Hope I can find want I needed.... Thank You, With regards, Rahul.S

Reply to
rahulgagu

Look at the Microchip ENC28J60 ethernet controller, and google for the freeware "uIP" TCP/IP stack source code. Any TCP/IP stack will be a tight fit on an 8051 though, due to the limited direct/indirect RAM address space. An ARM7 doesn't cost much more but can handle the requirements of a network stack. Jack Peacock

Reply to
Jack Peacock