connect ATMega128 to internet

I want to connect a ATMega128 to internet. I am looking for a low cost and easy solution. Is it possible to help me.

As I am on time constraint, I will be so thankful if anybody reply me a soon as possible.

-thanks.

Reply to
rf_xport

1) Low cost 2) Easy solution 3) Short Time Constraint

You can have two of those things but all three is not going to happen. There are low cost TCP/IP stacks out there or modules you can buy that completely take care of the net side. Neither of these fulfill all three requirements.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

Take a look at

We've been using their EM100 for years now and I can highly recommend them.

Viktor

Reply to
vkesler

|| (FreeRTOS.org + uIP)

Regards, Richard.

for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430 Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051 & PIC18 * * * *

Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

I would recommend that you upgrade to an ARM MCU. We were looking at a new design based on an existing Atmega128 product. I found that we could use an ARM MCU and get a cheaper, faster and lower power solution. The only down side was the need to rehost the code, but as it turned out the software team rewrote nearly all of it anyway.

Take a look at the AT91SAM7X processor. It has built in Ethernet and should do everything your ATmega128 does, but better.

Reply to
rickman

and

as

The biggest drawback is that there isn't a nice IDE such as AVR Studio available for ARM, at least not for free. Any recommendations?

Widget

There are GNU based tools available for the ARM and are very popular. Some tool vendors even sell them rather than offer their own product. Check out

If nothing else, you can use the eval versions of the tools from commercial vendors for smaller project. IAR has an 8 or 16 kByte limit on the code but is otherwise fully functional.

Reply to
rickman