Suggestions for cheap handheld for serial port access?

Hi folks. I have some equipment that uses a serial port to retrieve and configure parameters. I am looking for the least expensive device that will allow a rudimentary GUI for this purpose. Palm devices come to mind (really cheap on eBay, like PalmV etc. at $25/unit) but information on accessing their serial port is scarce, both at the software level as well as pinouts etc. Has anyone used a Palm for this? Or maybe some other device? Thanks for your suggestions.

Reply to
ElderUberGeek

There must be dozens of handhelds that would work; two that I use are the 'cybiko' and the 'zipit'. Acquisition price is less than $50.00 for either device. My 'zipit' pages discuss the serial port:

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

Hi Micheal,

I have just visited your web site it is a really nice information provider. So carry on...I want to join your group. Give me reply as soon as possible....

Thanks Chirag

Reply to
information technology

He has a group? Visions of unruly a mob roaming the streets wielding soldering irons are running through my head.

I think you've misunderstood something.

Robert

Robert Adsett