cheapest GSM module

hi all i want a cheapest GSM modem( no GPRS or edge required). my requirement i only to send SMS. and i want it to be as simple and as cheap as possible can any one tell what is the price of cheapest GSM modem available.

Reply to
kiranar

If you are looking for a Computer+GSM kinda setup, go for an used GSM phone having IR/USB/serial interface.

Reply to
Ranjhith

is

possible.

Your best bet is to go for some of the older stuff rather than newer modules costing £100+.

I bought from

They sell refurbished modules for £20 each. At that price, they're cheap enough to be used in loads of electronic projects. I've already GSM enabled my home alarm system and central heating units! :D

Another alternative is to use an old mobile phone, but I found that these are not so reliable.

Reply to
Isambard

Are units like these available in North America (usa) ??

donald

Reply to
donald

This model supports GSM 900 and 1800:

That's the modem I bought which works great in the UK. But I don't think these are the right frequencies for the US. You can try the modems on this page:

This is for GSM 850/1900 which I think are US GSM frequencies. I think you also have CDMA.

Reply to
Isambard