CCD Chips

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this but here goes,

I have just finished reading/working my way through "programming and customizing the AVR microcontroller" and one of the "ideas for projects" listed in the back is a CCD camera controller. This very much appeals to me, so I have done a quick google for CCD chips. I am not at the stage where I know exactly what I am looking for so find it difficult filtering out the irrelevant info.

Can anyone suggest retailers, preferably in the UK where I can purchase these chips.

Thanks.

Reply to
}{

Also check over at

for some project ideas.

are a couple of options that I'm aware of. Not in the UK but may give you an idea of what's available. Sparkfun also links to some interface discussions.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Depending on what you want to do, a CMOS imager might be better than a CCD. Easier to interface to a digital circuit since the ADC is built in, you don't need to clock a bunch of weird voltages with specialized driver chips, etc. Unless you want to do a CCD _because_ it is more difficult.

--
David M. Palmer  dmpalmer@email.com (formerly @clark.net, @ematic.com)
Reply to

Thanks guys, this is exactly the type of info I am after.

Regards

Reply to
}{