CCD array - line scan sensor

Try looking at printer/scanners at your local thrift store. Some may use that type of CCD.

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."

I've used the SONY ILX751 and ILX554 linear CCD's in the past.

The ILX554 has 2048 pixels, 14um x 54um

They have integral readout electronics and supplying the clocks from a PIC was alsmot trivial. I remember there being a minimum order of 20 from the distributor (forget who). I have two or three left over that I could part with. Email me if your interested.

Reply to
rmigliac

I am looking for some one-dimensional CCD array sensors that can be interfaced to a PIC microcontroller. I know such things exist, but I can't seem to find them in google. The only hits are for complete modules. I just want the chip itself for some optical detection applications. What would be really nice is to get the CCD array that they use in an optical mouse. But that has also eluded me.

-Robert Scott Ypsilanti, Michigan

Reply to
Robert Scott

See

- Eric Pearson

Reply to
Eric Pearson

Thanks to rmigliac and Eric. Now I've got two good choices to consider. (Sony and Texas Advanced..)